Version 1.2 released
This is a maintenance release. It doesn't add any new story content to the game.
Improved compatibility with the Steam Deck was the initial focus, followed by miscellaneous additions and improvements in no particular order.
Updates to the game:
- updated game engine from Renpy 6.99 to 7.4.11
- added version number to main menu
- re-exported images from original master copies at higher quality. This includes cgs, backgrounds, and most sprites
- replaced font with one which is easier to read on smaller screens and has better legibility for italic, bold, and bold italic text
- made music transitions smoother
- removed text outlines from character dialog to make it easier to read
- new credits screen to replace old scrolling version
- added hover/select icons for quick menu to make improve keyboard/controller navigation
- added save & quit button to quick menu
- improved keyboard/controller navigation on main menu and popups
- added function to save game on quit and automatically load the last save when starting the game. This will not work for existing saves from prior to this update.
This is also the first build to add a Snap version of the game for Linux users. Unfortunately the itch.io uploader automatically zips the Snap version (and the Android version), so you'll need to extract it first. Or you can try it out on the Snap Store.
Get Max Massacre
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.