Version 1.2 released
This is a maintenance release. It doesn't add any new story content to the game.
Improved compatibility with the Steam Deck was the initial focus, followed by miscellaneous additions and improvements in no particular order.
Updates to the game:
- fixes an expression which wouldn't load, causing the character to sometimes have a blank face
- updated game engine from Renpy 7.0.0 to 7.4.11
- updated several explanations in the knowledge base to make them more concise and hopefully easier to understand
- reworked screens to remove the need for scrolling (which complicated keyboard/controller navigation)
- added info button to the quick menu below the textbox, so it's easier to expand the infobox explanation when using a keyboard/controller
- disabled keyboard/controller navigation to infobox. The infobox could previously be focused and expanded by a keyboard/controller, but there was no visual indication, and it could be tricky to navigate between the quick menu, the textbox, and the infobox
- improved keyboard/controller navigation on credits screen
- added version number to main menu
- made music transitions smoother
- added setting to skip unread text
- added setting to save game on quit and automatically load the last save when starting the game. This is enabled by default. If you have an existing save from prior to this update, it won't automatically load the first time. But if you load the existing file and then save, it will automatically load from that point on.
Get Humanity Must Perish
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.